British copywriter and copy editor based in Gothenburg
I specialise in English language copy that gets your message across to an international audience a straightforward yet compelling way. I'm trained at master's level in contemporary art, and although I specialise in art and culture communications I enjoy working on a project basis, producing and editing texts for a wide range of sectors in the Scandinavian region.
The type of content I’m most passionate about uses tech to help people explore places and build community - I love to work on things like tourism apps, crowd-sourced maps, local activity networks and alternative city tours.
Still from run-around, a film by Katxerê Medina
Copy editing & Proofreading:
I have a good working knowledge of Swedish and can translate from Swedish to English, or refine your translated texts for clarity and style. I also have a good comprehension of French and can offer basic translation of texts between French and English.
- Subtitles for films by artists Katxerê Medina, Javid Sina and Mathilda Franzén
- Academic papers published by the University of Gothenburg
- Start-up pitches by companies EVLedger (Sweden) and RENT-A-BED (Romania)
In 9 years of producing and editing texts for the arts, I’ve honed my skills in explaining complex ideas in simple terms. In artwork descriptions, research project outlines and exhibition introductions, I have a keen sense of what works and why. Equally I’ve seen the pitfalls (ever heard of ‘International Art English’?). Whether art related or not, I can transform your text into an engaging read that captures your audience’s imagination.
- UX and UI copy for Hittapå app (currently in development)
- Academic essays
- Project titles and summaries for artworks (e.g. my most recent project Sense and the City, 2019)
- Publications by the University of Gothenburg (e.g. Stuck In The Middle With You, 2018 & RE:SEARCH, 2019)
- Interview with artist Rachel Maclean for BOTA Magazine, Edinburgh, 2015
Acting up: Talking Power, Parody and Identity with Rachel Maclean
︎ Email email@example.com for enquiries
︎ LinkedIn profile
RE:SEARCH publication cover pages and introduction, 2019
Project introduction for Sense and the City postcards, 2019
UX, UI and brochure copy for Gothenburg Underground Tour - an augmented reality and audio guide to Gothenburg’s hidden underground, produced in collaboration with Connie Nguyen.
Proofreading and copy edting for Stuck In The Middle With You, publication by Akademin Valand, The University of Gothenburg, 2018. Cover image (above) by Josef Mellegård.