British Copywriter and Copy Editor based in Gothenburg
I specialise in writing and editing English language copy that explains and promotes ideas in a clear yet compelling way. While I mostly work with art and culture communications, I enjoy producing and editing texts for a wide range of sectors on a project basis. The type of content I’m most passionate about uses tech to help people explore places and build community - such as sharing economy apps, social activity networks and alternative city guides.
︎ Download CV
Still from Run-Around, award-winning film by artist Katxerê Medina
In 9 years of producing and editing texts for the arts, I’ve honed my skills in explaining complex ideas in simple terms. In artwork descriptions, research project outlines and exhibition introductions, I have a keen sense of what works and why. Equally I’ve seen the pitfalls (ever heard of ‘International Art English’?). Whether art related or not, I can transform your text into an engaging read that captures your reader’s imagination.
- Publications by the University of Gothenburg (e.g. Stuck In The Middle With You, 2018 & RE:SEARCH, 2019)
- UX and UI copy for Hittapå app
- Academic essays, project titles and summaries for public artworks and exhibitions
Copy editing & Proofreading:
As a native English writer and editor, I specialise in refining English language texts for clarity and style. I also have a good working knowledge of Swedish and can translate basic texts from Swedish to English.
- Start-up pitches by companies Nortical (Sweden) and RENT-A-BED (Romania)
- Copy editing consultant for Brandwork (Sweden)
- Subtitles for films by artists Katxerê Medina, Javid Sina and Mathilda Franzén
- Academic papers published by the University of Gothenburg (RE:Search, Stuck in the middle with you)
- English proofreading services for individual artists and academics (essays, artist statements, funding applications).
RE:SEARCH publication cover pages and introduction, 2019
UX, UI and brochure copy for Gothenburg Underground Tour - an augmented reality and audio guide to Gothenburg’s hidden underground, produced in collaboration with Connie Nguyen.
Proofreading and copy editing for Stuck In The Middle With You, publication by Akademin Valand, The University of Gothenburg, 2018. Cover image (above) by Josef Mellegård.
︎ Email firstname.lastname@example.org
︎ LinkedIn profile